I may be on a blogging hiatus while I’m on holidays next week as I will be in Japan!
I have been to Japan once before and this will be my second time and I can’t wait as the first time I went I loved the experience so much!
I love the food, culture and the people. Everyone is super polite and I love my sashimi, udon, ramen etc etc
So I shall be packing soon and getting ready :)
Geisha spotting here I come!
Are you looking forward to any holidays any time soon?
I just saw a fun post on instagram the other day about what’s in my bag and I always love looking at what is in other people’s bag (That’s the sticky beak in me hehe) So I decided to empty my bag out to see what’s in there and here is what I found
1. Headphones – I always have them in my bag in case I want to listen to music on the train or people leave me voice messages that I don’t want the whole world to hear.
2. Currently reading this book by Barrack Obama – Dreams from my Father – It’s actually quite an interesting read about his days before he became a politician. I love reading on the train and makes my travel to and from work fast. I also have the daily free newspaper that I read quickly for all the goss and entertainment news
3. My trusty wallet – I bought this overseas in the states and it keeps all my cards and cash well in there. I also have a coin purse that I got for my birthday
4. A notebook for any moments I need to jot down ideas, pen, and keys
5. My beauty products – I have a sportsgirl palette that has eyeshadows, bronzer and a lip gloss in there – handy for emergencies, sunscreen , eyedrops, EOS lipbalm
6. Sunglasses – now that’s warming up to Summer – this is definitely needed and some random Bowling coupons.
There you go :)
Hope you enjoyed it – would love to see what are your go to bag items :)
As Spring has well and truly sprung I thought what closet staples will I need that I don’t have? And I have decided to add a denim jacket to the wardrobe.
I used to have one a long time ago but I must have donated it but I think it’s time to add it in again as I think its perfect for cool nights but still stylish.
I tried this dark denim one and this light denim one.
Which do you prefer?
So the past weekend I attended another wedding. This one’s theme was classy – with very simple roses as flowers and a lot of magical fairytale table decorations.
The bride was gorgeous and the groom didn’t look that nervous.
I wore a flower printed dress with a maroon cardigan and maroon pumps.
One more month and I will be on holidays to Japan! Can’t wait!
Are you attending any weddings or what about any upcoming holidays?
Can’t believe it’s already the first week of September. I’m loving that Spring is here and that means longer days, beautiful blue skies and sunny weather.
I decided to pick up some new spring items.
I picked up this silk feeling t-shirt with a floral pattern and it has a zip at the back of the nape of the neck. I also picked up this black and white patterned t-shirt with also an exposed zipper at the back of the neck. These were from Temt.
I also made for the first time in a long time a baked cheesecake and it was a success :) See link here for recipe.
Hope you all have a great weekend! I have another wedding to attend and I have visitors from interstate, plus mums birthday and father’s day! It’s gonna be a hectic one :)
Seems like wedding season is in the air. I attended a wedding over the weekend and I helped out with flower arranging and decorating the night before till midnight. Boy was I tired! But it was good fun. This is my OOTD – It’s a floral ensemble that has oranges and dark blues and I paired it with a purple cardigan and maroon wedges.
The bride was gorgeous wearing a pleated flare maxi style dress with cute detailing at the bodice. The groom wore a navy suit and looked very smart and handsome.
The cutest thing was the flower girl who looked like she was channelling old hollywood glamour with a long white dress with a purple sash round her middle, clip on pearl earrings and a pearl necklace. She was loving the attention throwing rose petals down the aisle! Total cutie!
Food was delish as well with a candy bar and lots of different fingerfoods.
Who loves weddings?
Happy 3rd Blogiversary
Hello there readers,
I can’t believe I have had a blog for three years now :) I didn’t think that from the beginning I would have kept it going for three years as I tend to start things and lose interest and let it drop off the radar. For Eg. Crocheting, any DIY craft haha
But I really have enjoyed blogging and reading other’s blogs and commenting and just having this network of bloggers that have similar interests.
Things I have learnt about blogging so far:
– Blog about topics that interest you not what you think will be the most popular as it sounds more meaningful and you will be an expert in that topic then trying to sound like you are in an expert in another topic. (if that makes sense)
– Make blogging fun – if it is starting to bore you or you dread to do it then maybe blogging isn’t for you.
– Set a time to do blogging as sometimes life can get hectic but if you make it say a weekly thing to do with your morning coffee or breakfast it gets you into a routine
– Some people may like what you blog about and some people don’t – everyone is different – you write for yourself as a priority and your readers will come
– Don’t blog for followers – I really don’t like the “I have followed you, please follow me” kind of mentality. If I wanted to follow you I will – you should just blog because you like it not for followers
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
I’m attending a wedding :) Hopefully some OOTD to come :)