Time for another interview. Today we have Lisa from Respect the shoes. She posts frequent OOTDs and always seems to wear something different and have an interesting story to add to each blog entry 🙂 Check her out when you have a chance!
Now onto the questions:
1. Tell us what your blog is about and what inspired you to start blogging?
I think the simplest way to describe my blog is that it’s about me trying to find my own style, and that was fully my intent when I started my blog. I had been reading style blogs for a few months before deciding to delve in because it seemed like fun and everyone was really sociable and happy to just talk “fashion.”
Plus style bloggers are a lot more realistic inspirations than magazines and they challenged me to go outside my comfort zone and try things I normally would not have – skirts, colors, patterns, belts, heels. These are all items I fully embrace now in my daily wardrobe and I would not have if it were not for blogging.
2. How do you choose what you blog about?
I’ve always liked fashion and doing a daily outfit blog seemed like a great opp for me to catalog my style and challenge myself to dress better. At the time I was working from home and honestly it was difficult to get motivated to even get out of my jammies on some days.
3. Your blog consists of a lot of OOTDS. What is your favourite?
Oh gosh, I have no idea. A lot of times outfits that I absolutely adore are the same ones that readers are “meh” about and the ones I don’t really like are the ones that people go crazy over, so go figure.
4. Who do people say you look like?
I honestly don’t think I look like anyone, though as I am getting older, I am starting to see resemblances to my mom or dad – depending on the day, I guess. I do get called “Lucy” and “Linda” a lot, I have no idea why!
5. Makeup, shoes, nail polish or bags?
Definitely shoes. I’ve always adored shoes even way “back in the day” during high school and college when all I could really afford were Payless-type brands.
However, recently I’ve been giving bags another look since it’s a piece that seems to be able to instantly elevate a look. You could go out on the town in a tee and baggy jeans with flip flops, but if you’re carrying a cool purse, it makes everything work.
6. I have to throw in a random question – what is the scariest thing you have done?
I’m a big chicken at heart so loads of things scare me. Big thing – moving across the country right after college with no friends or job prospects. Small thing – going white water rafting, especially because I can’t swim worth a darn!
7. What’s your favourite destination to visit?
I only got to go once but am dying for an excuse to return – Hong Kong. It’s so full of action that you’re stimulated by everything. And it’s a city where you can spend big bucks or just a few dollars and still have the time of your life. I got to go with the BF and we both had the time of our lives.
8. What is on your latest wish/lust list?
No specific items, per se, but I want to get some great easy spring/summer dresses that I can just slip on and look put-together without having to think about it. Hoping they will replace me automatically reaching for shorts and a tee on those hot summer days. Also, a great medium size structured purse – I really only have big ole totes or itty bitty cross-bodies. And always, always keeping my eye out for the “next great shoe.”
9. What advice do you give new bloggers who are starting out their own blogs?
I’d say the most important thing is to be yourself. Find your voice, blog about what you want, when you want to. Like-minded people will find you. This is all supposed to be fun, not a job or a contest.
10. Lastly, tell us something about yourself that most people wouldn’t know
It’s funny – I think I share so much about my own quirks that it takes me a while to figure what this blog community doesn’t know about me. I don’t know about any one item of significance per se, but here are a bunch of little (completely random) things that I don’t think most readers know about me:
• 5 tequila shots is my limit
• Predator and Quiz Show are tied as my all-time favorite movie
• Through high school (and even now though it is probably too late), I wanted to be a military pilot – specifically a naval aviator. Can you imagine going from 0 – 200mph in less than 300ft on a cat launch?!
• I know all the words to “Ode to Joy” in German. I have no idea what they mean though.
Love the random trivia – Ode to Joy in German ! Impressive 🙂 Lisa is so lovely and I love her answers 🙂 Check out her blog.
Let me know if you have other people in mind you want me to interview 😉