It’s time for another interview! Today I have Carrie from Petal by Petal 🙂 I think I found her blog roughly around the time when I first started blogging. I liked how she was on the search for her own personal style and she likes to add random bits and pieces on her blog 🙂 So here we go :
1. Tell us what your blog is about and what inspired you to start blogging?
I initially started my blog to help me document my search for personal style. However, I also post about anything I’m interested in, from seasonal obsessions (gingerbread houses!) to personal goals. Reading other style blogs inspired me to start my own.
2. How do you choose what you blog about?
I blog about what interests me, and hope others will find it interesting, too. 😉
3. I like your Try-it-out Tuesday pieces – what is your favourite one so far?
I think my favorite so far is the one featuring my Forever 21 striped skirt. It’s a great addition to my closet, and it was something new for me to pair it with tights. Also, I wanted this skirt for months before purchasing it, so it’s exciting to actually own it. 🙂
4. What is your favourite piece of jewellery?
Hmmm, tough question … I try to love all of my jewelry equally! 🙂 I have some pieces that are favorites because they are gifts, and I am reminded of the gift-giver when I wear them. But I suppose I should mention my pearl-and-chain necklace because it’s what I reach for when I want to dress up an outfit.
5. Makeup, shoes, nail polish or bags?
I’ll have to say shoes … although they rarely show up on my blog, haha. 🙂
6. I have to throw in a random question – what is the scariest thing you have done?
Scariest thing I’ve done is move to California after graduating from college. It was a big move and adjustment but also a wonderful growing experience.
7. What’s your favourite destination to visit?
Seattle is a favorite! But also India for the awesome jewelry and wonderful food.
8. What is on your latest wish/lust list?
Some of the basics – I’m on the hunt for a little black dress, a great-fitting blazer, and an excellent pair of jeans. Oh, and more fun jewelry, of course.
9. What advice do you give new bloggers who are starting out their own blogs?
Be yourself! My latest post stars a plush reindeer. Cool? No. Me? Yes. 😀
10. Lastly, tell us something about yourself that most people wouldn’t know?
I have been studying the Japanese martial art of aikido for a while and earned my black belt in 2008. I will be testing for the next rank in February, which is both exciting and terrifying.
Thanks so much Carrie for letting me interview you 🙂 It has been fun 🙂 Check out her blog 🙂
For any suggestions on who I should interview next please let me know or if you would like to be featured let me know 🙂