This is one of my absolute favourite recipes! It’s great for parties for fingerfood or if you want something for lunch.
You will need:
2 cups plain flour
1 sachet yeast (15 gm)
180ml warm water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 rash bacon, diced
30gm grated cheese – mozzarella or tasty – add more if you like
yours more cheesier which I do J
1/2 cup chopped chives
1 egg beaten (can add a bit of milk)
1 Tb sesame seeds
1. Set oven at 200C
2. Rub butter into sifted flour using fingertips
3. Dissolve yeast in warm water and stir in salt and sugar (you
can leave for around 5-10 min if you want)
4. Pour yeast mixture into flour mixture and stir till combined.
Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Rest for 20 min for the
dough to rise
5. Roll dough out
to a circle (~25 cm in diameter). Cut the circle into 8 triangles ( i usually
do more to get the most out of it :P)
6. Combine bacon, cheese, chives and pepper.
7. Sprinkle filling on triangle and roll up from the long end.
Twist ends together and curve into crescent shapes.
8. Arrange on tray and brush with beaten egg and sprinkle sesame
9. Bake for 7-8 min or until golden brown
And you’re done!! ENJOY 🙂 Bon Appetite!